The Oil of Mother Earth
The empowerment of Myrrh
• Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
• Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
• It may help to support healthy respiratory function.*
• Myrrh increases spiritual awareness and promotes a creative, inspiring, energetic mood when used in aromatherapy and massage.
• Diffuse Myrrh to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
• This essential oil promotes emotional balance and well-being.
• Promotes feeling safe in the world and trusting the goodness of life.***
• Helps to create healthy attachments, maternal connection and feeling nurtured.***
• Try diffusing Myrrh during the holidays to maintain peaceful feelings throughout the home.
• Add one to two drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits.
• Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Add one to two drops of Myrrh to one-fourth cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach.*
Myrrh has a warm, rich, balsamic, earthy scent that blends best with Frankincense, but also Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Juniper, Geranium, Rosemary, Sage, Clove, Patchouli, and Peppermint.
Find more information on Myrrh Essential Oil - click here.
Gina’s favorite use: Adrenal Fatigue Roll-On: Myrrh / Cinnamon with the declaration: I am resting when I sleep!
Janet’s favorite use: I use in a rollerball with myrrh, frankincense, lemongrass and clove for thyroid support.
Quick fact of the Day
Myrrh was used as incense in religious rituals, in embalming, and as a cure for cancer, leprosy, and syphilis. Myrrh, mixed with coriander and honey, was used to treat herpes.
Fun fact of the Day
Myrrh was one of the most sacred herbal substances of ancient Egypt and was a precious offering given to all the Deities. It was used in two primary forms: essential oil and gum resin. Myrrh oil was considered one of the Seven Sacred Oils of Egypt and the gum resin was frequently burned as incense.
Myrrh Libations of the day:
GG’s Hotty Toddy – It’s Lemyrrhyious
Vanilla Crown Royal
1-2 drops dōTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
1 dōTERRA Myrrh Essential Oil
Big spoonful honey!
Janet’s Myrrhed Wine
1 toothpick dip of dōTERRA Myrrh essential oil
1 glass red wine
A drizzle of honey
Using oils with intention
Myrrh is a very grounding and rooting oil. It helps balance the root chakra.
Myrrh helps you feel safe in the world, trusting the goodness of life, bonded, maternal connection, nurtured, loved.
I am perfectly supported in every way.
I am loved. I am loved. I am loved.
Takes you from feeling disconnected to NURTURED.
Connecting to the Earth…..
Place on your feet in the morning and before bed.